- engages and mobilizes uninsured and underinsured people to enroll in health insurance plans;
- provides meaningful opportunities for local consumers to participate in advocacy training and activities guided by the framework established by the SC HIV Task Force; and
- provides education and information to county and state legislative representative and leaders on specific needs of people at risk for and/or living with HIV/AIDS, including affordable and habitable housing options within the service area.
Project activities strengthen local alliances and utilize state and national resources to strengthen
our base of support with increased leadership and meaningful engagement opportunities for
People Living with HIV/AIDS.
- Raise public and legislative awareness of HIV/AIDS and other health disparity needs & policy issues;
- Enhance regional advocacy efforts to increase the array of services (prevention, access to care, legal, and transportation) in rural areas;
- Provide an intersectional collaborative mechanism to increase and diversify the integrated, coordinated support for HIV/AIDS and health disparities prevention, care, treatment and gaps in Medicaid coverage and private insurance outreach and enrollment.
- Increase the number of people willing to advocate for policy change, understand the
underlying social determinants and structural factors